BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Overcoming fear and anxiety


So, I have been sitting around here and peeping into others blogospheres seeing what's going on in everyone else's life. I have hit the place where fear and anxiety are starting to dance around in my little Ole head. "What if I never get to do another Spoken Word Performance?" "What if I really don't make it?" "What if I never succeed in what I'm trying to do?" In times like this, I used to run for food and stuff myself silly so that I would feel "better" about whatever it was that is bothering me. Now that is not an option, so I must consider what it is that I am afraid of. Let's say it together and loud so that everyone can hear you boys and girls.."F-A-I-L-U-R-E." That's right failure.

I must see this through. This is something that must take place and it's also something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I have been working on about 5 pieces at once to add to the book and to perform. The only issue that I have been experiencing now is going to another event to perform. They are not on my schedule, which has also made me realize that there may be a need for a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night Spoken Word Gathering that will allow you to release all weekend and be ready to start all over again on Monday. Phatgurllove Productions Inc, Phat Cipher, Phatgurllove Jones....hmmm I think I might like that.

I have signed up for a Blog talk Radio station. Im trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I know, but I want to have all my ducks in a row first. I want to incorporate Neo-soul, R&B, and Ol Skool with some Spoken word in between from a few local artist and some that call in. That's about it. No hot topics or current events, this would be strictly music and words...vice-versa. But back to my main concern.....I have struggled so long to be accepted at times it still follows me. I accept myself and that's all that matters. The words that I write and speak come from the heart and that's all that matters. If you can relate to me then we both share a common bond through these words. If you have never been there, then take a minute to back track and catch up to where I have arrived to thus far. I am going to accomplish my goals. I am not going to fight myself for this battle. So far, I've already won. ~Phatgurllove~

3 comments:

brownsugatou said...

Something I needed to hear at 4:11 a.m. in the morning. Thanks for the positive words. :-)

Phat Gurl Love said...

You're welcome Brownsuga! Anytime!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on overcoming fear .It should be very much helpfull.

Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power